Give hope…volunteer today.
Please Note: The CMHC has filled all volunteer positions through January 2016. We will begin reviewing new volunteer applications in February. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Volunteers like you give hope by sharing their skills, compassion and time with our CMHC community. We welcome inquiries and volunteer support from people who want to make a difference. Please give your time and talents in any of the following ways:
- CMHC Program Support - Volunteers who enjoy working with clients and staff can select from a variety of direct service opportunities at CMHC’s 34 Park Street location and other affiliated clinics and programs. Opportunities include social, recreational, spiritual and arts programs; research projects; and educational and tutoring projects.
- Board of Trustees - A core group of dedicated community volunteers give their time and leadership to the CMHC Foundation’s Board of Trustees. The board meets approximately 10 times a year as a full board and also in various standing committees including: Strategic Planning & Governance, Finance, Development, and Program & Education. Board members contribute financially and with their time, expertise, and community connections.
- Office Support - We are a small staff and can always use people to help sustain our daily operations. If you like to sort, stuff, mail, and count, we have projects waiting for you throughout the year.
- Special Projects - Volunteers with unique talents and interests are always welcome to share their gifts. Recent volunteers have been involved in landscaping, horticulture, cooking, tutoring, computer skills training, and friendly visiting.
- Special Events and Public Programs - We always needs hard-working volunteers who will seek out auction items, recruit special guests and presenters, help with finding venues, planning and decorating, selling tickets, helping with promotion, serving food, or thinking of new and unusual events for us to try!
For those interested in practicum or internship experiences for graduate school, note that those placements are coordinated through the specific discipline area at CMHC (i.e., social work, psychology, nursing, art therapy, spirituality). We are generally unable to provide those experiences through Volunteer Services, but welcome your interest and enthusiasm in working in a volunteer capacity. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer Summer Internship positions for 2017.
We need your hands, your imagination, and your community connections!
If you’re interested in joining our team as a volunteer, please fill out a survey to help us get to know more about you here.
If you have specific questions, please email us at CMHCFvolunteers@gmail.com. We will review interested applicants who have completed the volunteer survey on a monthly basis and contact you directly if your skills and interests align with our needs.
Our State mandated background check process takes approximately 4 weeks and we request that all applying volunteers commit to participating in a role at the CMHC for at least 6 months; please bear this in mind when applying.