Please read on for brief descriptions about Past Projects and feel free to contact us for more detailed information.
- Hill Farmers’ Market at CMHC (2010-2015) partnership with CitySeed which offered a weekly market at CMHC to improve access to fresh fruits and vegetables. Over $20,000 in financial assistance market coupons for CMHC clients were given in 2014.
- Yoga partnership with 108 Monkeys provided training to select CMHC staff on basic yoga techniques to enhance clinical practice.
- Harvest Haven partnership with CitySeed to provide fresh produce shares for meal and food programs at Columbus House and Fellowship Place.
- The Parachute Factory partnered with the Arts Council of Greater New Haven to launch innovative projects and arts internships in creative and performing arts, based in the offices of the Yale Program for Recovery and Community Health in New Haven’s Erector Square complex.
- Foot-Care Clinic partnership with Columbus House and New Haven’s inter-agency Outreach & Engagement Team to provide foot care, podiatry screening, socks, and foot-care supplies to homeless men and women.
- Smoking Cessation CMHC project to educate and support clients and staff to reduce or quit smoking and to promote CMHC as a smoke-free campus.
- Focus In New Haven A CMHC client photo group funded by the CMHC Foundation.
- Welcome Basket A pioneering project utilizing peer staff to support client transition from inpatient hospitalization to independent community living. The project became funded by SAMHSA and is now part of CMHC’s rehabilitation services.
34 Park Street, Suite 144
New Haven, CT 06519
Kyle Pedersen, MAR
Norma Gibson, MBA, MEd